Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league team based in Melbourne with a large member and fan base.
Melbourne Storm required integration of their data to create a comprehensive marketing database containing a single customer view of members and fans.
The aim was to achieve the following outcomes:
- gain a better understanding of their members and fans
- tailor more relevant offers
- improve response rates
- reduce wastage
- avoid sending multiple messages
- increase advertising through engagement channels
- attract new sponsors
- commercialise their data.
DCA’s Solution – Single Customer view, Marketing Data Mart, Hosting
DCA created a Marketing Data Mart fully hosted at DCA’s West Melbourne site with a single customer view of members or fans in one database.
- Mapped data feeds with stringent business rules.
- Data cleansing, deduping & validation through DCA’s Nirvana ETL platform and data bureau facilities.
- Automated Daily/weekly/monthly load and update based on date stamps.
- Adhoc queries and advanced segmentation performed by either DCA or Melbourne Storm’s marketing team.
- Online reports and access 24/7 for selected Melbourne Storm personnel.
- Ability to export reports and standard customer field data extracts via SQL Reporting Services.
- Build repetitive member and fan scoring metrics for profiling.
- Ability to feed data back into Melbourne Storm’s existing Salesforce CRM, loyalty system, marketing platform and other nominated data feeds.
Melbourne Storm’s Marketing team are now able to access a single reference file of all member and fan data across all data sources.
DCA’s solution has allowed Melbourne Storm to:
- Become customer-centric by developing a complete view of the fans and members data.
- Increase effectiveness and efficiency of acquisition and retention marketing with better member and fan targeting and campaign management.
- Improve overall ROI through direct marketing and delivering the right offer at the right time to the right person.
- Target individual members and fans with specific messages designed to best meet their needs.
- Understand member and fan behaviour for each area they interact.
- Provide access for query and analysis by both marketing and sales.
- Provide accurate information on new members and fans; calculate the cost to acquire members, number of inactive members and fans, migration of fans to members and the cost of migration.
- Enhance customer data through the use of 3rd party data.
Download Case Study
- Consolidation, Data Cleanse, Data Migration, Salesforce, Single Customer View
- Major Projects, Sports