Data migration is the movement of data from one or more sources to a target application. Businesses may need to migrate data for many reasons, such as:
- change in system (legacy system)
- consolidating business units to create a single view of all records in the one system (for example, moving to a CRM system)
- mergers and acquisitions
- implementing new application
- consolidating, upgrading or modernising existing applications
- migrating to the cloud
DCA’s Data Migration process
Before data is migrated, DCA cleanses, dedupes and then consolidates data to ensure it is in the best possible condition.
We then apply our proven project methodologies, carefully designed to have minimal impact on a business’s live operations.
DCA uses the extensive ETL (extract, transfer, load) capabilities of its proprietary software, Nirvana, with custom algorithms that assist with the heavy lifting of migration projects. Our data bureau also ensures the migrated data is fully compliant with project requirements and the target application.
As part of the migration process DCA can provide the following services:
- audit of the source data
- define business rules for the target system
- full data-quality services (data cleanse, de-duplication, suppression, phone number appends, address validation)
- data enhancement before loading
- validation upon completion of migration
- project management
- continued data-quality maintenance
DCA’s data migration processes vary from large-scale projects, to smaller projects involving the following systems:
- CRM (Salesforce, SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Teradata, SugarCRM and many others)
- marketing database
- loyalty database
- custom database
- ERP (enterprise resource planning)
Why Choose DCA’s Data Migration solution?
DCA knows data inside out, and we are considered the experts in data migration. Organisations select DCA to manage their data migrations for the following reasons:
- to reduce risk (migration is historically viewed as the biggest risk in new ERP implementations)
- DCA’s pain-free data migration strategy simplifies the process
- lower overall costs
- quicker process due to the ETL capabilities of DCA’s Nirvana software
- DCA delivers on time and budget
- high-quality data is guaranteed
Common Data Migration Pitfalls
DCA can help organisations avoid the following common hazards:
- the process is slower and more expensive than planned
- the process is more complex than initially realised
- required data is unavailable and undocumented
- data format and/or quality is unsuitable
- data needs to be transformed and normalised to meet target-system requirements
- the complexity of the project is underestimated, leading to inadequate planning
- data quality is poor
- business engagement is lacking
- limitations of out-of-the box data-migration tools impact on the result
Data Migration Case Studies
DCA has conducted many successful data migration projects. Click on the logos below to read what our customers have to say.
Click here to view more Client Case Studies.